Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Predictions...not Oscar!


It won't be long now. After today, I will get on with my life. I predict, if all goes as it should, a big win for Barack Obama.

I think he will win all the Kerry states plus...Virginia, North Carolina, Missouri, New Mexico and Ohio.

All he really HAS to do is win the Kerry states plus Virginia.

However...there are already reports of broken machines and no paper ballots at inner city precincts in Virginia as well as one machine in predominately African-American precincts in Florida. Why am I still reading stories about 75 year old black women waiting in line for 4 1/2 hours because there is only ONE machine?

I waited in line for 10 minutes in my Valley suburban precinct with 10 voting stations. No ID was asked for, or checked.  In and out and on to Starbucks for my free coffee.  Easy.

Didn't the Supreme Court base their Bush/Gore decision on some voting fairness bullshit? Equal Protection? Like if there are different standards for counting votes? I dunno, I think it sounds like the same thing to me.

Gotta go get my bottle of bubbly!

Tomorrow...back to the movies!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me we can't change...

What a speech. What a night.