Friday, April 10, 2009

Rogen, Rogen, Rogen...Rawhide?


















A few weeks ago, I posted the trailer for Observe And Report, and made my own observation that it was "not Mall Cop 2."

The film opens this weekend, and while I think you should go see it, don't forget what I said. This is not a Hollywood, slick, formulaic, stoner comedy starring everyone's favorite schlub. This is Rogen's Cable Guy. This is Rogen's dark comedy that will let everyone know that , hey, the man can actually act. Just remember the word....dark.

If you're one of the many who have been wondering why Seth Rogen has lost so much weight, and will he be funny without it, here's my theory. Seth is more then Apatow. Seth is going to want to be taken seriously. Seth is hoping to go further down that path the Jim Carrey cleared. Seth is not going to end up like Will Ferrell. Seth Rogen will not be a one liner, okay!? 

 I'm in his corner. After all, Sean Penn has two Oscars and he's one of the biggest stoners in Hollywood. If he can do it, can't Seth?


Here's a clip from Observe And Report. Opening today!




2 comments:

Hilarywho said...

I just heard a positive review of this movie on NPR this afternoon. I find myself rooting for Rogen, too. Even though his movies aren't necessairly my favorite cup of tea, he's so appealing. What is it?

Monk Inyang said...

Seth Rogen has already established himself as a staple in the comedic atmosphere but refuses to be pigeonholed. I think his body of work in the next few years will eventually land him a few Globes and an Oscar. I give it 2 years before he's got a few nominations...