Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who's the rock star?





























Last night I watched some entertainment show spend thirty minutes asking the question, "Is Michelle Obama the next Oprah?" I don't know why I was watching that shizzle to begin with, but I couldn't really wrap my brain around why they insisted on comparing Michelle, the First Lady of the United States, to Oprah...a talk show host. Nothing at all against Oprah, mind you. It just seemed to me that they had chosen Oprah because of the similar color of her skin. As in, we can only have one powerful black woman at a time, who's it gonna be?



















Personally, I think the obvious person to compare Michelle to, would be, Princess Diana. The people's Princess, right? More and more I'm thinking...Michelle is our people's princess. She's turning into a rock star right before our eyes. Her trip to England was a huge success. That business with the Queen? Wonderful. It's probably the first time anyone has offered real warmth to Elizabeth II in many a moon. She touched the Queen! And the Queen touched back. Brilliant!


























I admit, I do have a bit of a girl crush on Michelle. I'd really like to have coffee with her, you know, hang out. I'm quite sure if I ever did meet her, I would cry. This woman is the role model I've been hoping for. This woman could be the President herself. Fuck Beyonce, Michelle is fierce! Princeton educated, mother of two, warm, funny, strong, powerful, and she doesn't have to shake her booty or dress like a Pussycat doll to be sexy. Have you seen the way her husband looks at her. Oo-owa!


















Michelle has the potential to be the most popular First Lady ever.  We can compare her to Diana, Shirley Chisholm, Jackie, Eleanor, Hilary, even Oprah.  But, the truth is...she's a first...an original.  She makes me proud to be a woman.  

 Just one favor Michelle....buckle up, okay?

  

2 comments:

Hilarywho said...

Well said.

Karen said...

The thing with the Queen was too funny.

reelartsy.blogspot.com