Tuesday, May 5, 2009

R.I.P. to a sweet soul






















Dom DeLuise died Monday at the age of 75.

I met him once. I was having a pleasant conversation with him and his wife, when suddenly, it struck me...he was Jeremy from The Secret Of Nimh..."A sparkly!" I shouted. He thought I was a nut, but that was okay, because he respected nuts.
He was also Itchy in All Dogs Go To Heaven.  Another reason my kids will never forget Mr. DeLuise.  

And while I know that he had a great many successes besides his magnificent voice over work...well, I love to think that each new generation of children will grow up with his wonderful voice and sense of humor in their ears.

If all dogs do go to Heaven, they're in good company today.

Anne-Marie: Charlie, will I ever see you again?
Charlie: Sure you will, kid. You know goodbyes aren't forever.
Anne-Marie: Then goodbye, Charlie. I love you.
Charlie: Yep... I love you too.

No comments: