Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What did they miss?



Saw this over at Cinematical this morning...and you know...it's a very decent accounting of top movie lines, even though I wish they had given themselves more time so that the full lines could have been spoken! Some of them are cut, and some fly by so fast I'm not even sure what they were. But, for the most part...they done good. 

But, I have to wonder, just how classic or best some of these lines really are. Welcome to Jurassic Park? Over say...They call me Mr. Tibbs?  Um...no!  

So, I'm here to ask...what else did they miss?  Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.  Well, that one is just inexcusable.  And there are probably 5 others from The Princess Bride more worthy then anything from Junior....or was that Kindergarden Cop? No matter...you get my drift.

So, I'm asking...what are your favorite movie quotes?  What do you think they missed?


7 comments:

KatiePoo said...

I'm ready for my close up Mr.DeMille.

Matt Kilgore said...

"welcome to jurassic park" is fine, but hay what about the old guy talking about his flea circus? or "you've wielded it like a kid whose found his dad's gun" (or really any part where Jeff Goldblum sputters his faux Chaos theory), "well maybe we can have a coupon day or something", "maybe it's the power trying to come back on", "that's one big pile of shit", "let's get this movable feast underway!" (oh yeah that's the crappy sequel)

Anonymous said...

La-di-da, la-di-da! Yeah.

Rook said...

"Hey Bud, what's your problem?"

Spicoli,
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Sandy Dunes said...

So she's a fish. Nobody said love was perfect.

John Candy, Splash

Anonymous said...

We're not in Kansas anymore.

Anonymous said...

How about the closing line in Some Like It Hot when Jack Lemmon tells Joe E. Brown that he's not a she, but a he and Joe E. gives that inimitable big mouth grin and sigh and says, "Nobody's perfect."