Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grand Torino

Ya'll...Clint Eastwood is not a good actor. I said it. You want a piece of me? Clint getting an Oscar for his acting is hard to swallow. Clint is a helluva great movie star and director. From what I know of him, he's also a great father and family man. I know he's been all over the map with his wives and girlfriends and kids...but, hey, they all play nice together. It is one big extended family that Clint is the center of. Good for him.

But, thinking about him knocking some other deserving actor off the list, well it gets my goat. I feel the same way about George Clooney, but hell, they already gave him an acting Oscar...so, go figure.

Anyhoo....after watching this Grand Torino trailer, I am inclined to believe that the Clint worshipping Academy may very well nominate him this time. He could even win. If John Wayne can get an Oscar over Peter O'Toole's performance in Lion In Winter, anything is possible!

I will admit, he doesn't look as stiff in this as he has in the past. But, is playing an angry, grouchy old Republican really such a stretch?  There's something very John McCain about Clint these days.

This film doesn't look too revelatory to me, but, I'll let you judge for yourself.

TRAILER GRAND TORINO



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm with you on this one. Grumpy grandpa Dirty Harry. Clint, give up the acting. Looks like another lame money maker for Mr. Berman and Village Sideshow.