Monday, February 2, 2009

Mercury in Retrograde




















It seems I'm not the only one who hasn't been posting lately.  Writer's block, apathy, the blues...Everywhere I go, stagnation.  But...here is a fun little game that has come out of those horse latitudes to keep things from coming to a complete halt!  I found this on several blogs...Valley Dreamin', Low Resolution...and others....so, I'm gonna use it too.

This is audience participation....so, yikes...you have to guess the song and the artist!   Here's how you play.

Step 1: I put my I Pod on shuffle.
Step 2: Then I post the first line from the 1st 15 songs that come up....no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: You guess what song and artist, and I strike it from the list once someone guesses both correctly.
Step 4: For those who are guessing, looking up the lyrics is CHEATING. It's no fun to look!
Step 5: Put guesses in the comments section.

So...I shuffled the playlist...and came up with the following 15 songs of my music no one has heard in years!  No, really it's so easy....
And btw...I hear that Mercury is going forward as of today....so, things should be back to normal soon.

1. We come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow  Immigrant Sog - Led Zeppelin - Rook's right

2. We were born before the wind
Into the Mystic - Van Morrison - no guess

3. Now that I've lost everything to you, you say you wanna start something new
Wild World -Cat Stevens -  Sandy is right

4. Starry starry night, paint your palette blue and grey
Vincent - Don Mcclean - Sandy!

5. Shadows grow so long before my eyes and they're moving across the page
Baby I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton - filmhag

6.  So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. - 
     Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd...J.T. is right

7. And if I say to you tomorrow, take my hand child come with me.
What Is And What Should Never Be - Led Zeppelin- Rook!

8. Heart breaker, soul shaker Ive been told about you
Hair Of The Dog - Nazareth - no guess

9. I'm gonna take a freight train, down at the station
Can't You See - Marshall Tucker - Sandy Dunes

10. May the good lord be with you down every road you roam
Forever Young - Bob Dylan! (But I have the Stewart also) - MattJ

11. Baby, baby, I've been so sad since you've been gone.
Star, Star - The Rolling Stones - no guess

12. Tonight I'm gonna break away just you wait and see
Crazy Love - Poco - filmhag

13. You make me weep and wanna die
Loving, Touching, Squeezing - Journey - no guess

14. A man walks down the street he says why am I soft in the middle now
You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon - Roger yay!

15. If we still have time, we might still get by
Crazy On You - Heart - Sandy's all over it

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well...number 6 is for sure Pink Floyd...Wish You were Here

Anonymous said...

Number 4 is Vincent by Don McLean

Anonymous said...

Number 3 is Wild World by Cat Stevens

Anonymous said...

Is number 7 Lemon song by Led Zeppelin?

Anonymous said...

Number 9, is it called Can't you See? by Marshal Tucker.

Anonymous said...

Number 14, You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon

Anonymous said...

Forever Young at number ten.
I do hope you don't have the Rod Stewart on your ipod over the Bob Dylan.
So I am guessing it's the Dylan.

Anonymous said...

No.1 Immigrant Song. Led Zeppelin (LZ3)

No.7 What is and what should never be.
Also Led Zeppelin (LZ2)

Anonymous said...

Number 5 is, I think, "Baby I love your Way..." by Peter Frampton, who's poster is still up in my room next to my Farrah one and number 12 is"Crazy Love" by Poco which was the song I got dumped to...twice.

Goodspeed said...

#8

Heart Breaker - Pat Bennatar