Friday, February 27, 2009

Where's Freud when you need him?






































This is what I dreamt about all night last night.   Sorry about the enormous picture...but, look at that shizz.  I don't get the appeal, and frankly, I am quite petrified of Roller Coasters in general.  I'm always reminded of my kids playing Roller Coaster Tycoon on their computers, and purposely making the rides go so fast that the people are hurled into space....and, of course, killed, when they inevitably hit the ground.  It could happen. I, naturally, would be on the ride when the psychopath behind the controls had a break down.  And even if you're not killed, there is always the fear of being hit in the face with a low flying goose.  Or Fabio...I can't remember who hit who.  Maybe I'm watching too much Nancy Grace, but I think I need to chill out tonight.  Find a good movie to watch, and distract myself from the roller coaster I see everytime I open my front door.  Who's with me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like the old Swamp Fox in Myrtle Beach, SC. I confess to riding it repeatedly when I was 10 - in the front car, back car, middle car, hands up, hands down.

But now? I'll see you at the movies.

Sally Belle said...

I kinda thought that might be the Swamp Fox!

Anonymous said...

Of course, we know what Freud would say...

Anonymous said...

Any Nancy Grace is too much in my estimation.

Goodspeed said...

I think this is the Cyclone at Coney Island. It's an old wooden one, and it looks like the first drop. That's the only one I ever rode willingly and more than once. Something about it being old and wooden was reassuring to me. It also helps to close your eyes.