Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And Away We Go!

I've been waiting for this trailer!

Sam Mendes' Away We Go, starring Maya Rudolph and John Krasinski! 
That's the beauty of having a star Director. You can actually get your film made without having to cast mediocre movie stars that are totally wrong for the roles...like, this could have been Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman! Oh God no, right? Well, stay tuned, Natalie Portman and Brad Pitt just signed to a film together. But, that's another story for a later time.

Right now, I'm celebrating that Mendes was able to cast two people who actually look like two people shopping at my local Trader Joe's. Strike that, I live in Hollywood. They look like two people shopping at The Gap in Baltimore.
I also think they are both pretty winning, and, apart from the Juno-esque cartoon credit thing-ys, this film looks charming, and sweet, and funny in a non-Judd Apatow sort of way.

Jeff Daniels, Allison Janney, Catherine O'Hara and Maggie Gyllenhaal are also in this movie.

I'm excited. Away We Go opens June 5th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gen Xers on the verge of turning 40.
Looks good.