Thursday, March 26, 2009

Three Stooges and Woodstock



















Today a probable cast was announced for the Farrelly Brothers' new Three Stooges biopic. 

First of all, where is my Photoshop? John, man, I need that Photoshop! What more perfect time to transfer people's heads to other people's bodies? Because, then you see, I could have posted a picture of Sean Penn, Benecio Del Toro and Jim Carrey's collective heads on the bodies of Larry, Moe, and Curly!

Yes, you heard that right. Penn will star as Larry, Del Toro as Moe and Carrey is said to be gaining 40 pounds to play Curly.
This brings me to my second of all. I have never seen the internet go so bat shit crazy over a casting announcement. People are pissed man! I have to admit, my first reaction was right up there with the collective. The last time I remember Penn being funny was Fast Times At Ridgemont High. Am I wrong? And my God...Benecio Del Toro? The Wolfman? (no, really, he's playing the Wolfman)

But, here's the thing. It's a biopic, not a reshoot of a Stooges' movie. From what I understand, these guys were plenty fucked up. And dark. And fucked up. Did I say that already? So, now it begins to make more sense. Possibly this could lead to Jim Carrey's first Oscar nomination. He already deserved two. Maybe this time they'll even let him walk away with it. What's stopping him? Oh yeah. It's a Farrelly brothers' film.

Second big thing to hit the web today...the trailer for the Ang lee directed Taking Woodstock. It looks like it could be good. Imelda Staunton and Eugene Levy together....gotta love. I would really appreciate it though, if it would be great. I have spent four years of my life developing a film set in 1970. One damn year after Woodstock. Maybe, oh maybe, there will be a renewed interest in the time? Down side of this? All the music I already picked for my film? Yeah...played at Woodstock, pretty much.  There goes my soundtrack.

Taking Woodstock opens August 14th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks promising!

PP

Hilarywho said...

It looks good, but I'm with you, I hope it's great. With such a good cast, a clever premise & great music it would really suck if it sucks.

Monk Inyang said...

I would definitely be supremely disappointed if it wasn't good. And I'm excited about that Three Stooges movie with that cast too. People are pissed but like you said, it's a biopic. So I wouldn't be surprised if they just defered to footage of actually stuff they did or just short scenes of part of their films which can make anyone look funny. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if Penn was funny in a new movie. I think he can do it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Demetri Martin! Woodstock. Ang Lee, It has to be good!